Saturday, July 26, 2014

Gingerbread

I had actually forgotten that I did a piece for this until the finished book showed up in the mail! It's a sweet book with a lot of well-designed projects, IMHO.  I see a number of designer friends' names in there, too, which makes if feel like a group collaboration.

Hardback book on the shelves now.
You'll like the way they divided the projects up by planned color palettes - we got to choose which section fit our piece. I picked purples and gold.  I used DMC, but you could easily sub in overdyes or different colors.
GIngerbread Flourishes by Ink Circles
So if you're looking for a collection of Christmas patterns that extends beyond an ornament collection, have a look at this book. It would also make a nice gift for a stitcher.

P.S. You still have plenty of time to finish something BEFORE Christmas. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Arrgh! I am having ZERO luck finding this book. Could you post a link or tell us where to get it?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's listed on the Wichelt catalog. They are big distributor that most shops can/do order from: http://www.wichelt.com/detail.html?pid=176400

      Delete