Sunday, July 4, 2010

Membership Has Its Privileges

Or so the old ad copy read.  Ink Circles has a mailing list that I use to update folks when new things are coming their way, events coming up, and sometimes to share a little love.  In a recent mailing I included a free cross stitch chart called Celtic Swirls.  The chart is still available to download for newcomer folks when they sign up for the newsletter (see the Ink Circles home page.)

Julia stitched her version up quickly using silks from a D-Bag (detritus = left overs, end bits, unlabeled, and other mish mosh) of Vikki Clayton's Hand-Dyed Fiber. This type of pattern is a perfect way to use up some of those little extra bits of fiber. Once stitched, a small square like this can be finished up as a biscornu, an ornament, a needle book or a number of other goodies.  Thanks, Julia, for sharing your photo. It looks great!

Just a reminder for stitchers in Australia, the design will need to be reversed such that the spirals go in the other direction. Cheers.

11 comments:

  1. Saw this the other day. I love it. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting. I am a newbie to your blog and will get signed up right away. Thanks, Rachelle @ flowerpondstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful. I love the colors. I need to move mine up to the top of my to-do list. Congratulations on your finish Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is simply beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty! How long did it take to complete? I am thinking about ordering the pattern. This is motivation for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy, this is a small chart that would really only take a few hours to stitch - maybe a couple evenings. And - it's free. Just sign up for the newsletter. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does it need to be reversed for New Zealand, South Africa and South America too? (wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, Yvette! You are spot on. And those folks living inside the hollow sphere of the earth will need to stitch the inverse motif. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, you've got me there... Hollow sphere of the earth?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a Jules Verne kind of thing ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked this pattern very much, and now it's ready :) I took DMC threads of my choice and now think that metallic addition would be nice too.
    http://tatkis-mousehouse.blogspot.com/2010/07/before-vacation.html
    Thanks a lot!
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete