Friday, July 22, 2011

Size Does Matter

I've got an inbox full of wonderful things that folks have sent in since I last blogged, but have been kept busy enough that I hadn't shared them.  So, over the coming days, I hope to get a bit caught up.

To fully appreciate Nadia's finished piece, I would like you to pick up that pad of Post-Its from the side of your desk. Look closely at the size of the square.  Now look at her picture. I know people that don't like to (or can't) stitch on 36 count over 2 --- This was stitched on 36 over 1, and , yes, came out the size of a standard Post-It note. It's not as beautiful of a photo with the ruler in the shot, but I wasn't sure you would believe me without it. 


Nadia continues to push the stitching envelope and continues to amaze me with the fabulous projects she completes.  Join me in congratulations her on an awesome finish!  We can't wait to see what she does next.

This was a special mandala pattern that was only available through the Thread & Eye in London, Ontario. The Stitch Along is over but if you need a copy, they can help you out via mail order.  If you are looking for similar designs, I have Kaleidoscope available now, and a series of mandalas for the four seasons that were originally published in four issues of Just Cross Stitch Magazine which will be coming out as a single leaflet in mid-August.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my that is stunning!!!!Congrats to Nadia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work, Nadia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadia' work is amazing! I love stitching over 1 on 28, should I try on 32 next? hmmmm. Maybe need those varifocal glasses first!

    Looking forward to the seasonal mandalas, I'm addicted to sets of things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Lately I've been struggling a bit with 32-count! That is just amazing, and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy, I've had a few folks asking where they could get the mandala patterns. They aren't available yet from your site, and someone said that her usual online store doesn't have them. Suggestions?

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine - I'm in the process of adding all of the Baltimore releases to my site today, but I'd love for them to ask their shop to place an order ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. Message relayed.

    ReplyDelete