Friday, January 7, 2011

A Bead Off

My mailbox has been overflowing with great photos from stitchers all over the world! 

I've been accused of being a bead off on occasion, but this is a whole other category.  These two I want to share with you are beaded versions of Cirque des Cercles. I am in total awe of these masterpieces.  The upper piece was stitched by Karen, done with 100% beads! The lower model was stitched by Maria, who used some lovely iris-finish beads to accent the motifs done in an overdyed thread.





Here are a few closeup shots:


Let's close this post with my saying how sorry I am I to those people who had just about made up their mind on how THEY were GOING to stitch up their Cirque des Cercles.  It's such a double-edged sword - being inspired vs. now more choices to pick from.

Thank you to Maria and Karen for sharing their fabulous photos.

8 comments:

  1. I bow at the imagination and perseverance of these stitchers who did this. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are innovative works of art. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is only one thing I can say.....WOW!!! Kudos to both these ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested in the thought process behind the second one. Like is there some sort of symmetry or method to where the beads went? At any rate, it really draws good attention to itself, kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on their lovely finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never could have done this. That's a lot of work and a lot of beads. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those are both awesome pieces. I couldn't see myself doing the entire project in beads, but I would consider doing the one with the bead accents. Congrats to Karen and Maria for their beautiful finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder how many beads they lost while stitching these, they are just fabulous...what an inspiration.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete