Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Starfish don't die when you cut them in half

And in a nearby ocean, Chris was inspired to do a little rearranging to put some of her favorite Sea Stars motifs onto this nice piece of lugana.  The whole sampler wouldn't fit as charted onto her fabric, but Chris was able to use bits and pieces to create this custom runner.

I love this type of innovation and I really think the majority of Ink Circles patterns are very suitable to be adjusted in just such ways.  If you've ever seen my cupboard where I store my supplies, you would see countless little snips of linen (such as the trimmed sidebars from larger finished pieces) and every partial skein of floss all waiting for the perfect innovation.  So pick your favorite color thread, a motif or two, and follow in Chris's footsteps to make something cool and unique.

3 comments: