Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pillow Talk

Judy is a repeat offender and the evidence is right there in her bedroom. 
She's stitched the Cirque des Cercles pattern three different colorways and has fitted them out as these lovely pillows.  Some friends have called her crazy for stitching the same design over and over. Those with a proclivity toward making bad puns might even go so far as to say that she has made her bedroom into a three ring cirque.

I personally think she did a brilliant job!  I know how difficult it is to pick color combinations for monochromes like these.  I change my mind and have second guesses every time I see someone's amazing personal version. With these charts, it almost becomes a different design when you change colors around. So, why settle for stitching it once?  As an aside, from the looks and scale of things, I would guess the little guy on the right is stitched over one thread and is stitched on black. Wow to all three!

Fortunately, we don't have to justify to anybody. Besides, Judy, your friends don't really think you are crazy - they are just jealous. :o)


8 comments:

  1. Totally agree!! Love these pillows... what a great idea.
    I have every intention to do growth Rings again. The colour combinations are endless. A friend of mine is currently doing hers with basic DMC and looks amazing too!
    Can't wait to give cirque a try. carraux (SP) is the first one I'm going to try... after i finish kailiedesope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love them all.

    I know that I have about five or ten color choices picked out for each of my IC designs. Now I just have to get the time to complete one of them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great - I am stitching C des cercles and C des triangles and have been thinking for a while that they would maake lovely pillows

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll post a comment once I pick my jaw up off the ground ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am simply amazed. Thanks for sharing yet another way to show off these wonderful designs.

    Im still on my way of finishing one of 3 Ink Circle designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really stunning beautiful colours, I'm yet to manage one xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! That is the very thing I need to get me stitching on mine again. I have only done about two pages but this has really inspired me. Thanks for sharing.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT is an amazing collection - beautiful work, all!!! Would love to see that smallest one closer :)

    ReplyDelete