Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Celtic Needlebook - Freebies in Action

Marianne shows us here that a little ingenuity can lead to a great finish.  She used one of the complementary Celtic knot designs from my site, adapting it from a square to a rectangle to suit her needlebook application.  I had the chance to meet Marianne during a recent trip to visit the Northwest Sampler Guild in Seattle.  What a super friendly and talented group of ladies!  Her stitching (and knitting) was exquisite, as you can see in the pictures she shared below.  Thanks, Marianne for the inspiring photos.










Now, here is another of my freebie graphs that Cathy in Virgina has stitched. I love those colors on the black, and it's our friendly ubiquitous DMC (variations)!  What is your favorite way to finish up a square like this into a small?

2 comments:

  1. Biscornu, needlecase or cushion centre lol. They all look great! I agree the colours on the black are gorgeous and the needlebook is stunning! Great adaptation on the chart!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to make this into a penholder for a calligraphy friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete