Thursday, December 2, 2010

Surviving

Minnie shared a picture with me of a pillow she made for her older sister. Sometimes a stitched tribute doesn't make it into the hands of the one we care about, but Minnie and I are happy to report that said sister kicked cancer's butt.  Eva has this beautiful pillow to remind her that she is indeed a survivor and also that she has a loving sister.


Minnie did a great job of setting her stitching into a pieced pillow top, making it big enough to be pillow sized. The setting reminds me of a jewel.  Eva probably already said something like this to her, but I think Minnie is a treasure. Thanks for sharing your story!

The Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon Mandala is a free chart that can be downloaded from my site. It's also fun and useful to note that the ribbon colors are easily interchangeable to represent different awareness causes.  If you scroll back through the blog, you can see some lovely examples.

1 comment: