Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Do Like Them Sam I Am

Dr. Seuss never names the grumpy guy that doesn't like the Green Eggs and Ham. We just know that Sam I Am is the one able to knock some sense into him.

For those folks who hadn't been fans, I share with you pictures from a stitcher named Sam who is doing her best to convince you to try an Ink Circles stitch. She stitched Blackstone Fantasy Garden with metallic thread outlining the knot, variegated within, and DMC colors for the blackwork.


And this is Cirque des Carreaux.  Again, metallics and variegated threads give this such sparkle and motion. What a great combination.


Thanks for sharing these photos, Sam!  What lovely work. I think we can all say we DO like them.

Disclaimer: although stitching on a train is highly recommended, the counter part, "stitching in the rain" is ill advised, particularly when using non-colorfast threads.

5 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! I have been slow in stitching my Cirques des Carreaux, but I am determined to finish it by year's end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - LOVE that version of BFG, and CDC is pretty amazing, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's convinced me to stitch some Ink Circles and I already did those 2! I just want to do them again now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tremendous work Sam!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooh nice work !!!!

    ReplyDelete