Thursday, August 1, 2013

Spawn of Roll Your Own

Happy August! Time for the next RYO installment. This month I chose to make little baby mandalas.  I call them the Spawn of RYO, and named them after the three scariest siblings I could think of: Cindy, Jan, and Marcia.

Spawn of RYO: Cindy (left), Jan (center), and Marcia (right) in Halloween colors

For those who didn't get the name thing for these, there was a really lousy sitcom in the 70's called the Brady Bunch. Unlike today, where we  have a thousand different choices of junk to waste our time watching, back then it was really limited. In a way, it gives all of those in my generation a common denominator. In any case, the three girls in the family were named Cindy, Jan, and Marcia, and they squabbled about typical things and learned wholesome family value lessons. Jan, the middle girl always complained her older sister Marcia got the better shake in life. (You can just hear Jan chanting: "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.")

Spawn of RYO in Heated Stare

I ran a little poll to select which of the three would be offered to everyone in the base RYO group. The other two minis are offered to the people who are opting in for sequels.  I appreciate everyone who took the poll as to which chart to offer to the group, but I must say I rigged it in Jan's favor so she would finally win. Well, I couldn't say for certain she would, but I gave her owls. :-)  Jan got 62% of the vote. Go, Jan!

Spawn of RYO in Candyduck
If you're new to my RYO concept and you'd like to learn a bit more, you can see the group description here.

RYO charts are now available only in printed form from your favorite shop or directly from my webshop.

3 comments:

  1. They are wonderful Tracy. I love their names too. Thanks for the wonderful design that you contributed to the JCS Halloween issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded Jan today, thank you so much! Would it be possible to purchase the other two? I don't think I'll be purchasing the sequels, but I would love to stitch these little gals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shell, I'm so glad you are liking these. It should be set up above that you can purchase just this sequel installment for $5 as long as you are in the RYO group. Just click the Buy It Now button and fill in your Yahoo ID and credit card info. Thanks for asking,
      Tracy

      Delete